The Organic Center is your trusted source on the science of organic food and farming. We serve up unbiased research so you can make healthier choices based on scientific findings. We are forever curious and in pursuit of the truth.
Our goal is to empower you to make informed choices in your everyday life. By providing you with the facts on organic, you can make healthy choices for your family and the planet.
Our mission is to conduct and convene credible, evidence-based science on the environmental and health effects of organic food and farming and communicate the findings to the public.
We set out to fulfill our mission by:
- Developing partnerships and engagement opportunities with universities, research institutions, federal agencies, organic farmers, and food systems advocates that are working to improve and transform agricultural systems.
- Fostering alliances among funding entities, non-profits, government agencies, and international bodies to advance research on organic systems.
- Investigating and participating in research that will (1) fill knowledge gaps about the health and environmental impacts of organic farming and (2) increase the viability and sustainability of the U.S. agricultural system.
- Empowering consumers to make choices that will improve their health, the health of the environment and the health of their communities through education and outreach.
- Serving as a resource for the public, policymakers, scientists, farmers and industry on the science supporting sustainable organic food and farming.
- Strengthening and expand organic practices and commodities which reduce the use of toxic, synthetic chemicals and have clear benefits to human health and the environment.
The Organic Center is a 501(c)(3) non-profit research and education organization. We greatly appreciate our generous supporters who make our work possible