Creative Chicken Nugget Recipes from Applegate
If you managed to stock up on frozen chicken nuggets before they disappeared off the store shelves, then you may be looking for a way to make them appealing to the whole family. Our friends at Applegate shared with us two recipes that get creative with chicken nuggets: Mini Chicken Parmesans and Mini Chicken & Waffles with Spicy Maple Sauce. Both are made with primarily pantry and frozen ingredients making these recipes easy and tasty.
Added bonus: If you need to pick up some nuggets for this recipe, Applegate is offering you coupons here.
Mini Chicken Parmesans
- 1 (16-ounce) Family Size bag Applegate Naturals® Chicken Nuggets (GF options available)
- ½ cup marinara sauce
- 5 slices Applegate Naturals® Provolone Cheese, halved and then cut into thin strips OR any kind of melty cheese you have in your fridge
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan
- Small handful fresh basil leaves, finely chopped OR dried basil if you're in a pinch
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Spread the chicken nuggets on a sheet pan and bake for 6 minutes. Remove pan from the oven and carefully flip each nugget over.
- Spoon about ½ teaspoon marinara sauce over each nugget, then top with 2 pieces of the provolone. Sprinkle a bit of Parmesan over each nugget.
- Return pan to the oven and bake until cheese is melted and nuggets are hot, 6–7 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and arrange the nuggets on a serving plate. Sprinkle the chopped basil over the nuggets and serve immediately.
Mini Chicken & Waffles with Spicy maple syrup
- 1 (8-ounce) package Applegate Organics® Chicken Nuggets
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce or to taste
- 18 miniature frozen waffles OR you can cut up full-sized waffles after they're toasted
- Cook the chicken nuggets according to the package instructions.
- Meanwhile, combine the maple syrup, butter and hot sauce to taste in a small skillet over medium heat and simmer until slightly thickened, about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and keep warm.
- Toast the waffles according to package instructions.
- To assemble, arrange 1 chicken nugget on top of each toasted waffle. Drizzle some of the maple sauce over each and serve at once.